Guidance and Counseling
Allen ISD Guidance & Counseling
612 E. Bethany Drive
Allen, TX 75002
Allen ISD Elementary Counselors
Seated: Autumn Parsons, Sandra Moffett, Mary Jane Barnes, Julie Lindberg, Jan Bower
Back Row: Angie Mirkes, Stacey Thomas, Nicole Oliver, Sarah Gosdin, Jodi Measels, Calli Smith, Julie Northam, Katie Rasmussen, Michele Fesenbek, Susan Guest, Jamie Bramlett, Michelle Gilbert
Allen ISD Middle School Counselors
Amy Smith, Heather Youngquist, Roxanne LeCroy, Renae Perez, Debra McEnaney, Kim Petty
Lowery Freshman Center Counselors
Cora Jackson, Tracy Mandeville, Trina Brown
Allen High School Counselors
Seated: Demarius Howard, Heather Quast, Buffy Ferguson Summers, Jill Clayton, Dustin Tamplen
Back Row: Brenda Boysselle, Donna Brinlee, Jami Tuttle, Lisa Davis, Karen Foster, Jami Manley, Donna Marshall Not Pictured: Blanca Garcias
Phyllis Spain, Executive Director of School Leadership
Mary Safi, AISD Support Counselor
Jennifer Atencio, AISD Support Counselor
The Allen ISD Counseling Program is built upon the National Model outlined by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). All curriculum and activities reflect these high standards.
The Allen ISD Counseling Program is a comprehensive curriculum, preventive in design and developmental in nature. Curriculum is written to ensure equity and access.
The Counseling Curriculum focuses on three areas or Domains: Academic, Career, and Personal/Social. The purpose of the Program is to impart specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that lead to specific learning outcomes or competencies within these areas.
Allen ISD Counseling Program Mission Statement
The mission of Allen ISD School Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career, personal/social development of all students. School counselors are professional school advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement. In partnership with other educators, parents or guardians and the community, school counselors facilitate the support system to ensure all students in AISD have access to and are prepared with the knowledge and skills to contribute at the highest level as productive members of society.
Who Are AISD Professional School Counselors?
* Masters Degree in School Counseling
* Texas Teaching Certificate
* Minimum 3 Years Teaching Experience
Allen ISD School Counseling Programs Teach
* Effective learning in school and across the lifespan
* Academic preparation for post-secondary options
* Relationship of academics to work, family and community life
* Investigate the world of work to make informed decisions
* Strategies to achieve future career goals
* Relationship to personal qualities, education, training and the world of work
Personal & Social Development
* Interpersonal skills to respect self and others
* Decision making, setting goals and taking action to achieve goals
* Understanding everyday safety and survival skills