Substitute Application Information
If you are interested in becoming a substitute for the 2016-2017 school year please submit your application during May/June/July 2016.
For consideration to become an Allen ISD substitute you must submit your online substitute application. Applications are reviewed on an as needed basis throughout the year. Please note: If you are selected, you will be contacted by email. It is recommended you keep your application updated with your current email address.
Current / Former AISD Employees
Once you have submitted a resignation and it has been processed by Human Resources, you may complete the online application.
- After you have submitted your online application please send an e-mail stating your interest in substituting to Pam_Jones@AllenISD.org. In your e-mail please indicate your status as a former employee.
- NOTE: If you are an AISD employee who is retiring through TRS there are rules you must follow prior to becoming a substitute. It is your responsibility to contact TRS to find out what those rules are. You will not be processed until our payroll department has confirmed with us they have paid your last paycheck to you and your retirement status has been reported to TRS.
Requirements/Salary – Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teachers must hold a minimum of 90 college credit hours. A complete file consisting of an application, references (3), college transcripts, criminal background check and fingerprint clearance, complete an online Substitute Orientation/Training session and complete the new hire paperwork process. Individuals holding a foreign degree must have degree transcripts evaluated by an accredited international degree equivalency evaluator acceptable to the district and meet the current criteria for substitute teachers.
- $90 per day for substitutes who are current certified teachers. $100 per day for registered nurses
- $85 per day with 90 or more college credit hours/degreed/certified
- The salary for half day assignments (four hours or less) is ½ of the daily rate
- Substitute teachers and registered nurses on a long-term assignment (15 or more consecutive school days on one assignment or back to back assignments with no break) will be paid an additional $10.00 per day starting on the 15th day. A substitute must have at least 90 college credit hours for long term assignments. For long term assignments of more than 30 days in which the substitute is the teacher of record, certification is required.
- LVN - $85 per day with 90 or more college credit hours/licensed, $75 per day with less than 90 college credit hours
Requirements/Salary – Substitute Aides/Secretaries/Clerks
Substitutes for aides and clerical personnel must have a complete file consisting of an application, references (3), high school diploma or GED, criminal background check and fingerprint clearance, attend a Substitute Orientation/Training session and complete the new hire paperwork process.
- $75 per day
- $80 per day special education teacher assistant self-contained classroom.
- $10 additional per day for long term assignments of 15 or more consecutive days on one assignment or back to back assignments with no break. This rate begins on the 15th day of the assignment.
Questions regarding the substitute application process may be sent to Pam_Jones@AllenISD.org