The 7th Grade English Language Arts curriculum is organized into the following strands:
- Reading, where students read and understand a wide variety of literary and informational texts;
- Writing, where students compose a variety of written texts with a clear controlling idea, coherent organization, and sufficient detail;
- Research, where students are expected to know how to locate a range of relevant sources and evaluate, synthesize, and present ideas and information;
- Listening & Speaking, where students listen and respond to the ideas of others while contributing their own ideas in conversations and groups; and
- Oral and Written Conventions, where students learn how to use the oral and written conventions of the English language in speaking and writing.
7th Grade Texas Essential Knowlege & Skills:
If you have questions regarding late work or failing work, please click on the following link to see our policy. You can also email your student's teacher with any questions or concerns.Grading Policy
Follow the link to learn more about summer reading!