Within an environment dedicated to community and collaboration, Ford faculty and staff use rigorous and engaging instructional strategies along with frequent, common assessments to guarantee student learning and mastery across all core and elective objectives.
W. E. "Pete" Ford Middle School was dedicated on Sunday, November 13th, 1983 at 2:30 pm. The Superintendent of Schools was Dr. John Horn. The Board of Trustees was comprised of E. T. Boon, Don Brazeal, Pat Dillard, Mary Evans, James Kerr, Glen Renfro, and Charles Williams.
William Rushing was the first principal, followed by Joe Champion, Melinda Brock, Dr. Karleen Noake, John Biera, Sandra McCoy-Jackson, Susan Horowitz, and currently, Matt Russell.
W. E. "Pete" Ford was born on August 9, 1911, on a small farm in Allen. He was the youngest of seven children. Pete attended school in Allen through the tenth grade and McKinney High School for the eleventh grade. The Depression prevented Pete from receiving a higher education. Instead, he worked at an Allen service station, which he later purchased. During the war he built T-51 airplanes for a defense plant. As Allen grew, Pete helped the City acquire its water system. Pete and his wife, Glenda, always had a genuine interest in the youth of Allen and the schools.