The front and side exterior doors are unlocked in the mornings and students may enter through any of these doors. The side doors are then locked at 7:55 and students should enter the front doors only.
Students should be picked up from school promptly at 2:55 unless they are staying for tutoring or serving a detention.
All students must be in the classroom when the tardy bell rings at 7:55. Otherwise, they are considered tardy. Students must then sign in at the front of the building and take a "pass" to their teacher.
At Green Elementary School, we are committed to providing a safe, happy, and orderly environment that maximizes learning for all students. We want to ensure that every student and teacher is valued and individual rights are respected. Students and staff will create a structured environment that is positive, productive, and supportive.
Classroom structures are in place using positive reinforcement. If behavior is a disruption to the learning environment and the student is not able to redirected using positive reinforcement, the teacher will communicate this in the communication folder.
Please see your student's grade level handbook for the criteria set forth for students with multiple signatures. An after school detention could be give. Detentions are held on days determined by grade level teachers in the afternoon from 3:00 to 3:30.
Severe misbehavior will result in immediate referral to the office.
Every Thursday, students will take home a folder containing their work from the previous week and any flyers or information that needs to go home. Parents should review the items contained in the folder. Student's work may be kept by the parent.
The staff at Green believes that homework should be an integral part of a student's total learning experience. To derive the greatest benefit from school learning experiences, students must at times finish related study and follow-up work at home.
The teacher will give careful consideration when assigning homework. Homework will have a logical purpose and will never be given as punishment. Consideration will be given to the amount of time it will take to complete the homework.
The approximate amount of time for homework will be based on the grade level times ten. For example, third grade would have 3 X 10, or thirty minutes of homework per day. If, on avarage, your student is spending more time than necessary on homework, please schedule a conference with the teacher.
Please notify the nurse if your child has special health concerns such as asthma or allergies.
We request that students not attend school if he/she has had a temperature of 100 or higher or has vomited within the last 24 hours.
Allergic Conditions: Parents will notify and meet with the school nurse regarding any allergic condition that may affect their student’s welfare in the school setting. Notification must be done as soon school begins or the student is enrolled.
Green Elementary will be using the district designed curriculum called, Be the One to teach character skills. It provides simple, straight-forward tools on morning announcements which quickly incorporate character education into the curriculum. There will be a "Value of the Month" focus which encourages everyone to emphasize the same aspect of each value. Two students from each grade will be selected by teachers who exemplify the character value of each month.
The values are:
September: RespectOctober: Self Discipline
For the safety of all our students and staff, please follow these guidelines when visiting the building.
1. Visitors should sign in at the visitor's desk when first arriving and wear a visitor's badge. Teachers and staff have been instructed to question anyone not identified as an authorized visitor. Please do not be offended if you are stopped in the hallway. Remember we are trying to keep everyone safe.2. If you need to make contact with your child or his/her teacher, please email the teacher to set up an appointment.3. If your child forgot their lunch, a book or other needed items, please bring them in and we will place them in the grade level bucket for you child to pick up. We will notify the teacher if this is needed. Please avoid bringing things up if at all possible to minimize the disruption to your child's school day.
Thank you for helping to keep our students and staff safe.
We know that sometimes you may have concerns or questions about your child's educational program at Green. When you do, we want to hear from you so that together we can address your concerns early, before they grow.
To help us address these issues in a constructive, positive way, we would like to share the following process:
1. Define the problem for us. What do you think may be contributing to the problem?2. Gather examples (e.g. child's work, assignments) that will help us better understand the problem.3. List several possible solutions to the problem.4. Contact the teacher to set up a meeting and share your information.
1. identify the nature of the concern2. review pertinent facts3. outline the next steps
Pay PAMS: Parent Account Management System
Pre-pay for school meals at Pay PAMS: https://paypams.com/HomePage.aspx
* Pay for your child’s meals via the Internet or telephone from the convenience of your home or office twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
* Schedule automatic payments based on account balance.* View cafeteria purchases –online* Receive e-mail notification of balance status