Upcoming Norton Events:
TRASH AND RECYCLE DUMPSTERS
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
NORTON KNIGHT OUT
6th GRADE GRADUATION
- age 0 to 2
- age 3 to 6,
- age 7 to 10,
- current age 11 to 12
NORTON PTA OPEN POSITIONSWe need volunteers! Please contact Meg Beach with interest or questions at email@example.com if you are interested
It takes a village to make Norton the awesome school that it is, and we NEED YOUR HELP to get it done! Below are the open positions for the 2017-2018 PTA Board. Please consider which one fits you best, and give us a holler. You'll have tons of support, all of the previous years' notes and info, and will never have to "re-create the wheel."
- Membership Chair - work along with the Membership VP to get PTA membership for 2017-2018 school year
- Ways & Means (2 people) - communicate to and encourage families to participate in the annual Norton PTA check writing campaign (mainly August/September activity)
- Directory Donations - get businesses and families to donate to have ads in student directory (easy to renew last year's ads)
- Student Directory - organize and publish Student Directory for all PTA members
- Spirit Nights - work with local restaurants to schedule Spirit Nights where they donate a portion of Spirit Night money to Norton PTA, communicate Spirit Nights to families
- Reflections (2 people) - communicate competition, organize Norton judging for reflection categories
- Website - manage allenisd.org/nortones throughout the school year
- Environmental - responsible for activities like Walk to School Day, recycling program etc.
- Historian - create a scrapbook for 2017-2018 school year
- Volunteer Services - help other PTA board members get volunteers for different activities
- Youth Protection/safety - Manage Red Ribbon Week and other youth protection activities
For detailed information on the positions, follow this link:
Please contact Meg Beach with interest or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-744-0508 ASAP. Thank you!
WORLD CULTURES DAY - LOOKING FOR A FUN VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY? MAY 19, 2017Many volunteers are needed for Norton Elementary’s World Cultures Day on May 19, 2017! This popular, educational and engaging event takes place DURING the school day. Morning and afternoon shifts available. We need volunteers to…
- Host a country (Represent your culture with pictures, artifacts, flags from your native country, etc. Norton students love learning about places around the world! You do not need to be a native of the country- it could be a place you have visited or even a place you just are interested in and can create an engaging booth for students to visit and learn.)
- Help teach a Native Game or Dance at the International Games Booth
- Help students create Multicultural Crafts at the Multicultural Art Booth
- Serve samples at the International Café
- Behind-the-scenes helpers (cutting/prepping supplies, etc.)
FAMILY FITNESS NIGHT
Norton Elementary Family Fitness Event
Cosmic Jump (1300 N Central Expressway #300, Allen, TX 75013)
When: April 4th
Time: 4 pm - 6 pm
Free for Norton Students!!
$5 for non-Norton siblings (pay at the door)
No drop offs. Parent or guardian must stay at the event!
Space is limited! All students must register ahead of time: https://goo.gl/APJISs
Registration will be closed if all spots are filled.
Everyone must have a signed waiver to jump!
Can be done by parent / guardian at the door or ahead of time:
Click here to register for below activities:
JOIN NORTON PTA TODAY
Join the best organization at Norton - YOUR PTA! You must renew your membership each year.
WatchD.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students)
SHOW YOUR NORTON KNIGHT SPIRIT!
NORTON SPIRIT WEAR AND PERSONALIZED TUMBLERS
On Friday, does your child have their spirit wear on? Great tees for moms and dads, grand parents, and siblings too. Order Online Today - Click here. Our new personalized tumblers support Norton too! Personalize with a Norton logo, your child's name or your monogram. Quick turn around on orders. Email Candicecunningham@gmail.com to place your order!