Allen ISD will be using a new system called Peachjar to post community flyers online and distribute them electronically.
Starting in October, flyers from area non-profit organizations will be sent electronically. Once approved, flyers will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed. AISD Schools and our organizations will also have the option to use the new Peachjar system.
Several advantages of the new system will include:
- Parents in grades K-12 will now have access to flyers from community groups online
- Parents can access the information on any mobile device or home computer for up to a month after the posting
- Organizations will be able to attach links for registration and sign up forms to their postings
- Parents will be able to opt out of the email portion of Peachjar and simply use the online link at their convenience
- The cost to non-profit organizations will be significantly less than printing flyers for 10,000+ students
Allen ISD is setting a good environmental example by reducing the amount of
paper going home.
Last year over 1 million pieces of paper were sent home from outside groups
For more information about Peachjar please visit their website https://www.peachjar.com/