Minutes: September 23, 2014
Diversity Committee Minutes
Meeting Goals: Reconvene the committee, review goals, organize, and set stage for upcoming year.
Meeting presentation: http://prezi.com/to-hh_amtunr/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share
What are the benefits of Diversity in the Workplace?
· Ensures the value of bringing the full self to work (of thought, background, education, and thought).
· Inclusive environment to the workforce of our future; and engaging the org; and to speak in relevant ways.
I. Committee Positions/Sources of Contact: (All report to chairperson, Richard Jordan)
1. Secretary: Terry Hill
2. Elementary Campus/PTA Committee Liaison: John Holley
3. Secondary Campus/PTA Committee Liaison: Alexa Spahr
4. Fundraising: Valerie Jones
5. Website: Richard Jordan, Daniel Pitcock, Minvi Duncan
6. Public Relations: Ken Gregorski
7. Community Corporate Relations Committee: Alexa Spahr/Minvi Duncan
II. Addressing Diversity Goals:
Goal 1: Diversity Showcase Event Continued brainstorming of ideas –
· Cultural History Celebration
· Diversity Facts for the Month Via PTA or HR newsletter
Proposal: To gain approval for Showcase Date (tentatively set for MLK, Jr. Day 2015)
Goal 2: Agreed to maintain – What has been done to present to the parents and community?
Agreed to table the review of action steps for goals 1 and 2 to next meeting time.
III. Training Opportunity:
Cultural Proficiency Institute Workshop– Oct 15 thru Oct 16 at Collin Community College in Frisco, TX.
Interested participants to contact chairperson.
IV. Districtwide Highlights/Up-Coming Events:
Celebrate Me Week at Green Elementary
Evans Elementary have over 30 spoken languages.
Next meeting: November 11th 2014
Meeting Goal: Address action steps for this year’s goals.