Minutes: November 11, 2014
Diversity Committee Minutes
Meeting Presentation: http://prezi.com/firlr-ikk8rd/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share
Old Business (Led by Chairperson): Reviewed committee positions, committee goals, and began preparations for upcoming 2015-2016 school year.
New Business (Led by Chairperson):
I. Committee Updates/Celebrations
1. Website calendar updated regularly
2. Members’ Promoted & New Baby
1. Time Frame w/Reservation Proposal: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at Allen Performing Arts Center (4 hrs: 5pm to 9pm)
2. Parameters: Ten Participants by Invitation Only (i.e. dual language at Boyd, step club at Ford etc.)
3. Sponsorship needed for: signage, advertising in Allen Image and local businesses, senior scholarships.
4. Facilities: table cloths, table, auditorium sound booth, mics/lights.
5. Pre-Show Carnival at 5pm (Bleu Café’ w/Researched Food of World Cultures, Face Painting, District Pics via Tim Carroll, and Art Contest w/donated prizes and City Business Judges – City Council, Tony Hill, Rotary Clubs, Project Kid Contacts.
6. Future Sponsorship for: Food tickets, Silent Auction for increasing scholarship revenue.
7. Diversity Showcase with art/foreign language/step clubs, choir performances in different languages.
III. Committee Goal 2: Action Plans for Increasing Awareness
1. Advertise Diversity site to PTA, Principals’ Meetings, and Social Media (i.e. #allenisddiversity on Twitter)
Next meeting: January 13, 2015Meeting Goal: Continue addressing action plans for this year’s goals